This was the issue! Thanks!  My cloud seems to be up and running.  Now I
just need to import a template and deploy a VM.

Anyone know if the "startvm" parameter of deployVM is honored by
Cloudstack?  It was documented in 3.0.2 as being a valid parameter but had
no effect on deployVM... the new VM always started.

Thanks everyone for your help.