From: Sheng Yang [mailto:sh...@yasker.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:04 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Sheng Yang
Subject: Re: F5 & SRX in in-line mode PRD review

Hi Sanjeev,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Sanjeev Neelarapu
<sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Sheng,
>
> Following are the review comments on F5&SRX in in-line mode PRD:
>

> 1.      Apart from providing security to load balancing traffic are there any
> other benefits of deploying F5&SRX in in-line mode?

No as I know. The main change is LB would behind Firewall which make more sense
and more secure.

> 2.      In this scenario SRX is the single point of contact for the entire
> zone. How are we going to provide the redundancy (to avoid single point of
> failure condition) ?

No, and even in side-by-side mode, if SRX is failure, we would face the same
situation - I don't think only LB works would be good enough for guest network.

> 3.      Is there any limit on the no.of IP addresses that can be acquired and
> configured for load balancing on SRX?

The same as PF/static nat, as far as I know, no.

> 4.      Are we going to use SRX with JUNOS 10.4R1 or above for this feature
> support?

Yes, which would make VPN works.

> 5.      What level of security are we providing to the load balancing
> traffic? CIDR& Port Range based filtering or do we support application level
> filtering(content inspection) as well?

In fact F5 support application level filtering, but we haven't got plan to
support it so far. We only support http protocol now.

--Sheng