On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Joe Brockmeier <j...@zonker.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 01:48:14PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> > Edits highlighted.
>
> Would you mind not preceding clean text with > ? It looks like quoted
> text when I'm reading it in email. Thanks.

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean "please don't edit and quote at the
same time"?

> > > In addition to the official source code release, the project has also
> > > made convenience binaries available on the Apache CloudStack download
> > > page.
> > >

> > Above para is not needed.
>
> I disagree, strongly.
>
> We supply the convenience binaries for a reason. That's because quite a
> few users won't want to compile from source - we should make sure it's
> obvious that we do supply binaries, even though source is the official
> release.

Why specify? If you link through to the downloads page, without mentioning
source or binary, then people are just going to assume there is something
there for them. That is, I am operating under the assumption people either
a) don't care, or b) assume binary packages. Your call though. Just
a suggestion.

> > I would actually move this to the top of the email. It is our call to
> > action. Why burry it?
>
> We haven't yet established for most users 1) what CloudStack is or 2)
> why they should care about 4.0.0-incubating.

Okay.

> > Announcements are for users as much as they are for PR/AR.
>
> Yes, and they're as much for users who don't know what CloudStack is or
> why they should download it just because they've crossed paths with an
> announcement that says it's out.

K.

--
NS