'morning Hari. I can think of at least one use case where allowing the "user"
to specify the IP would be required - when migrating an IP from one CAP to ACS
or from one VM to another.

Anyways - I think what the real answer to your question is would be to have a
granular security model around the API calls. At that point you could specify
what users/groups have the ability to assign specific IPs to a specific
instance. So I'd vote to implement for now, and attack a granular api security
model sooner rather than later.

John

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella