I guess this could be due to differences in ReservationStrategy 'Create'
and 'Start'. Both the strategies would need a prepare, but require release
only for 'Start' reservation strategy.

Please refer to [1] for explanation of reservation strategies.

[1]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201205
.mbox/%3CB1DF26ECC0458748AC97CECE2DA98D41011D278DAB17@SJCPMAILBOX01.citrite
.net%3E