On Jan 18, 2013, at 10:38 AM, Prasanna Santhanam <t...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 02:57:46PM +0530, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> With tons of new features being worked on, it would be nice if the
>> developers of a particular feature could record a screencast to demo what
>> they have done.
>> I understand that there is the wiki but more often than not the
>> documentation is lagging.
>>
>> Screencasts would help with writing documentation and also demo those
>> features for users.
>>
>> For instance I would love to see screencasts on:
>> -nicira
>> -ceph
>> -S3 integration
>> -caringo
>> -devcloud-kvm
>>
> Will include a marvin screencast once I'm done refactoring to show how
> tests can be written. Do you have a tips page/tutorial on doing a
> screencast? I think we write the transcript before the recording?

I use Quicktime on my mac (10.8.2), it does screen recording easily.

What ever works for you in terms of transcript or no transcripts. You can prep
by putting down a story board on paper.
Including the actual transcripts of what you say, would make it compliant for
hearing impaired. For now I'd rather see many screencasts than just a few
compliant ones.

Keep it relatively short <15 minutes.

I am still working on HD resolution.

-Sebastien