On 02/03/2013, at 2:44 AM, Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com> wrote:

> OK - I'm going to draft this up and start a vote now.

I don't want to derail the voting process, but would like to clarify this part:

---
 recommend a new chair through consensus via a lazy 2/3 majority
 voting method.  In the case that consensus is not achieved, the PMC
 will vote for a chair using Single Transferable Vote (STV) voting.
---

At first, I thought the first part meant voting on a number of candidates - but
reading this thread it seems you meant:
- take nominations, discussion ensues
- if there is one name settled vote to confirm the decision to present to the
board
- if there's not a single name, then use STV

Is that right? It may need a bit of clarification on what the first vote is
about - but I don't think that should change the vote in progress.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter