Thank you Hari,
I all got working and clarified well.

Regards.
----- Original Message -----

From: "Harikrishna Patnala" <harikrishna.patn...@citrix.com>
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: "Sinisa Denic" <sde...@peacebellservers.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:51:53 PM
Subject: Re: No password at start of new password enabled VM

My answers inline.

On 14-Mar-2013, at 5:16 PM, Sinisa Denic < sde...@peacebellservers.com > wrote:

OK I was a little confused, it returns right password on first start and on
reset password but only from UI.

Hari: Yes if you deploy a vm from UI, it shows a dialog with password. If you
do it by API call you can get the job id and do
http://localhost:8096/client/api?command=queryAsyncJobResult&jobid=f3e0857b-03a2-4fda-981b-e205506334a8

You can find the password in the response.

When I create VM by API it doesn't return anything(no password returned) on
GUI, but in log file there is record like this:

{"routing.SavePasswordCommand":{"password":"iJ2vcrdmf","vmIpAddress":"10.1.1.211","vmName":"arch-64","accessDetails":

{"zone.network.type":"Advanced","router.name":"r-42-VM","router.ip":"169.254.2.46","router.guest.ip":"10.1.1.1"},"wait":0}},

{"routing.VmDataCommand":{"vmIpAddress":"10.1.1.211","vmName":"arch-64","accessDetails":

{"zone.network.type":"Advanced","router.name":"r-42-VM","router.ip":"169.254.2.46","router.guest.ip":"10.1.1.1"},"wait":0}}]
 }

Here is some password, but I can't login with it.
I guess it is encrypted password just due to security, because it must be
logged and others can
see it so the real one must be hidden(encrypted) here, is it true maybe or what
it is purpose?

Hari: Yes it is encrypted while sending password to router instead of plain
password.