Hi all,

Lucene In Action (2nd Edition), authored by Michael McCandless, Erik
Hatcher and Otis Gospodnetić, is hands down the best guide to Lucene,
the high-performance search engine library. It can help anyone start
using Lucene or CLucene, and understand what is going on under the hood.
It can also help more experienced users with advanced topics.

Last week the book was sent to print, and I asked Manning if they could
provide our community with a promo. They agreed to release a complete
chapter for free, and provided a discount code to be used at their store.

This free chapter discusses CLucene, what it has been about so far, and
what lies ahead for it. It can use as a good primer for newbies, as well
as provide some context to more experienced users.

I have posted all the details, along with the chapter, in my blog (sorry
about that, no decent CMS for CLucene yet...):

http://www.code972.com/blog/2010/06/lucene-in-action-free-chapter-coupon-code/

Itamar.