Thanks for your help...

I believe I have 'built in' EXT3 support. I just checked the 'menuconfig' and see a *
beside it.

Here's the grub.conf

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda2
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=1
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.21)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.21 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /initrd-2.4.21.img
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20-18.9)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-18.9 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /initrd-2.4.20-18.9.img
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20-13.9)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-13.9 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /initrd-2.4.20-13.9.img
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20-9)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-9 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /initrd-2.4.20-9.img
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20-8)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-8 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /initrd-2.4.20-8.img