Hi,

there are two separate issues that cause the model not to be displayed:

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 11:20, tomw <t...@ubilix.com> wrote:
> model = Mash.Model()
> model.new_from_file(0,"TheMonkey.ply")

This needs to be:

model = Mash.Model.new_from_file(0,"example/TheMonkey.ply")

otherwise you are instantiating two models and using the one that
hasn't loaded the .ply file.

PyGObject should have raised an exception when you tried to call a
constructor on an instance, would be great if you could file a bug,
ideally with a test case (or even a fix).

> model.set_material(texture.get_cogl_material())

For some reason, I have to comment out this line, no idea why.

HTH,

Tomeu