On 11/14/2011 6:08 PM, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
Bill,

I think the current incarnation of regexps in CMake should be kept for
compatibility reasons.

Yes, of course.

Adding PCRE is not difficult, just time consuming. The implementation
I'd do would be an additional abstraction layer:
- For the current BRE implementation, it would be a 1:1 call match
- For the PCRE implementation, it would keep match status, count,
next/previous iterators, etc.

So, for this case I would be interested to here from Alex to see if swapping out the regex will fix the ctest performance issue. It is a nice isolated place to give PCRE a try.

-Bill