On 09.07.2014 19:30, Konstantin Podsvirov wrote:
Hello dear developers!

And again CPack IFW generator!!!

This generator is not part of CMake, but I hope that soon it will become
possible.

This letter I once again want to awaken interest in the creation of new
cross-platform
the binary installer is based on Qt Framework Installer tools
(http://qt-project.org/doc/qtinstallerframework/index.html)

(Sorry for my English. I use a translator)

I already appeared here some time ago:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake-developers/2014-May/010430.html

I received some recommendations and considered them.

With each commit generator becomes better.

As before you can clone the code for the study:
git clone git://podsvirov.pro/cmake/cpackifwgenerator.git

Or check out the code in your browser:
http://git.podsvirov.pro/?p=cmake/cpackifwgenerator.git;a=summary

In the Wiki I found an example of creating a binary instalatorow:
http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

My generator also copes with this task. Here's how it looks in Linux and
Windows:
http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/cpackifw-componentexample-linux.png
http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/cpackifw-componentexample-windows.png

I strive to create the binary installer CMake using a new generator. I already
have the achievements.
Created installers produce the set of all that was specified in the
install(...)but do not create shortcuts.
Version of CMake (CPack IFW generator) collected them available for Linux and
Windows now:
http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/cmake-3.0.20140709-ifw-linux-i686.run
http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/cmake-3.0.20140709-ifw-windows-x64.exe
http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/cmake-3.0.20140709-ifw-windows-x86.exe

Please test these installers and write your comments.

Hello again :)

Some stuff that remains from my earlier observations:
- Lot of commented out code that should be removed.
- Unescaped XML content from CMake variables.

Some other random stuff I noticed:
- CPACK_IFW_BINARYCREATOR_EXECUTABLE_FOUND seems redundant given that
find_program() already encodes this in the cache variable.

- In the CMake coding conventions class members start upper case.

I tried building a CMake installer with the generator again but it failed with: Caught exception: Component version for '/home/ngladitz/src/git/cpackifwgenerator/build/_CPack_Packages/Linux-x86_64/IFW/cmake-3.0.20140709-gd078a-Linux-x86_64/packages/CMake/meta/package.xml' is invalid! <Version>3.0.20140709-gd078a</Version>

Nils