Brad King <brad.k...@kitware.com> writes:

> On 09/01/2015 09:30 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
>> That's because that script is asserting that the regular expression does
>> _not_ match, which is always the case when GNU binutils is not used.
>
> Prior to the refactoring it also tested for existence.  See below.
> How did that pass before?

Interesting. I think it has always been "broken".

>From a FreeBSD perspective (now that I'm getting its nightly test
results back on track), what happened is that all FreeBSD releases so
far use GNU binutils by default, and the switch to the elftoolchain
utilities has been happening in HEAD (that's going to be FreeBSD 11).
The readelf switch happened at the end of March, the machine stopped
producing results in early April and thus this combination had never
been tested until yesterday.