On 05-Jul-16 22:03, Brad King wrote:
On 07/01/2016 03:35 PM, Brad King wrote:
I don't think we should duplicate the

   "(\\.|=)(7z|tar|tar\\.bz2|tar\\.gz|tar\\.xz|tbz2|tgz|txz|zip)$"

expression.  The stripping of ?.* can be done earlier, or done as
part of the main match.
Please try this commit:

  ExternalProject: Match filenames in URLs with query strings and anchors
  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=57c337e2

Works fine on my tests. However I still vote for using default value for 'fname' instead of FATAL_ERROR. If something bad will happen user always can use DOWNLOAD_NAME.

Example of the test that will fail with current version but works fine with default name:

   cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.5)

   include(ExternalProject)

   ExternalProject_Add(
        foo
        URL "http://tinyurl.com/jn86pmc";
        URL_HASH SHA1=9c29c30fff99b7c1479b2e9d4926dcc3f8d364e0
        CONFIGURE_COMMAND ""
        BUILD_COMMAND ""
        INSTALL_COMMAND ""
   )