Hi, dear CMake developers!

Some of us actively using the Qt technology, but remain fans of CMake.

I had the idea to extend the CMake part of the QtSDK.

I created proposals for appropriate changes in QtCreator:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-17290

It also requires improvements in the CMake. I'm working on it here:

http://git.podsvirov.pro/?p=kitware/cmake.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/topic-cpack-ifw-options

and here:

http://git.podsvirov.pro/?p=kitware/cmake.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/topic-cmake-ifw-root-component

Demo repository for Windows:

http://download.podsvirov.pro/online/qtsdkrepository/windows_x86/desktop/tools_cmake

You can add this repository in Qt Maintenance Tool and try to install CMake as part of the QtSDK, but now QtSDK (QtCreator) does not recognize this installation automatically.

How do you like this idea?

What has to be installed in this case? (tools, cmake-gui?, docs?...)

I'm waiting feedback from support or a reasoned rejection of this idea.

--
Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov