Thanks for the followup Gregor.

One thing that concerns me about the property-centric approach is that
I can't think of a way to use properties for generating a custom
scheme that builds the ALL_BUILD target.  I would assume this would
run into the same issues and limitations that I have seen in google
searches with trying to control the the folder for the ALL_BUILD
target with the FOLDER target property (even though this would be a
Visual Studio concern).  It seems that is addressed now with the
*_TARGETS_FOLDER global properties, so maybe an analog can be
established?

Regarding sequencing changes, do you mean to come up with a set of
smaller logical changes/MRs so that this isn't all dumped at once?  If
so, I think we could implement XCODE_SCHEME_NAME and a single
additional property without generator support, then add generator
support, then add the balance of the properties one-by-one.  Would
that make sense?

I have to get more familiar with CMake's testing methodologies to have
any comment on that portion.

If two targets specify the same schema name, then overwrite/accept
latest with a warning?

Regarding ios builds or perhaps having multiple build devices (I have
seen some hand-made projects with 64-bit and 32-bit desktop clients
selectable), then I will also have to get back to you on that.  I was
thinking the property definitions were generic enough to handle any
needs... and I assumed that devices were handles with additional
scheme files, but I realize that was a bad assumption.

Will try to have that thought out soon.

Thanks,
Steven