Hi Brad,

You said:

> I think that should solve any problems with running CMake in environments
> different than it was built.

Yes. Tests may be OK though cmake does not work with complex package to build.

> The LIBPATH is
>
> /opt/freeware/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix7.2.0.0/7.2.0/pthread:/opt/freeware/lib/pthread:/opt/freeware/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix7.2.0.0/7.2.0:/opt/freeware/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
>
> ldd shows for the C++ and C runtime libraries:
>

> /opt/freeware/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix7.2.0.0/7.2.0/pthread/libstdc++.a(libstdc++.so.6)
>  /opt/freeware/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix7.2.0.0/7.2.0/pthread/libgcc_s.a(shr.o)

OK. Interesting. That looks the same we have here:  pthread/libstdc++.a  .
GCC on AIX is built in 4 flavors (default is 32bit, pthread, ppc64, and
ppc64/pthread). However, I never saw any package built on AIX using pthread or
ppc64/pthread ...
And that is an issue since we use /opt/freeware/lib or /opt/freeware/lib64 and
NEVER pthread...
We have to understand why cmake is different.

>> Looking at your build farm:
>> https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake&date=2018-06-12 , I see no
>> AIX machine.
>
> That view is paged.  One can use filters to see just the AIX builds:
>
> https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake&filtercount=1&showfilters=1&field1=buildname&compare1=63&value1=AIX

Thanks !  I saw it is paged, but I missed the AIX cases.
I've had a look at: https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=5415006 .
However, the traces are only high-level information. On our side, we are adding
traces in order to see the details for figuring out what is really done.

We have to investigate more. Both cmake build and how/why cmake fails with
mariadb.

Thanks!