Brad King wrote:
Richard Fuchs wrote:
So why when I have a simple CMakeLists.txt file like below am I getting
this error?  Why is it trying to put the .class files in some funky
directory instead of just where the .java files are?  Is there a way to
set the OBJECT_DIR that's in the CMakeJavaInformation.cmake file?

No.  The .class files are equivalent to the .o files for C and C++
builds.  They are considered intermediate files and placed in a
per-target directory.

I think your problems may be caused by trying an in-source build.  Try
getting a fresh copy of your source tree and doing an out-of-source build:

  mkdir myproj-build; cd myproj-build
  cmake ../myproj
  make

-Brad

Well, good and bad news. I get the same error when I do an out-of-source build, but when I manually run the javac command from the makefile that cmake generated, the .class file is created fine. So it doesn't seem like it's a problem with cmake, it's gotta be some configuration/permission problem with my setup. Time to go find the sysadmin.

Thanks for the help