[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello again,
I'm still trying to make CMake compile my Symbian project using a gcc (GCCE) toolchain and I have some progress to report since my last posting (see http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-July/022868.html <BLOCKED::http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-July/022868.html>) as the compiler check seems to work now (but not the linker yet). My current CMake file set can be found here:
https://garage.ran-dom.org/public/mixer-frans/brandneu/cmake-toolchain_files/
Because it would be a great help for me already if I could use CMake/nmake use to compile (and not yet link) I switched off the compiler test for now and the CMake configure process seems to terminate successfully. But when I run make now I get the following error message:
 c:\project>make
 makefile:28: *** missing separator.  Stop.
And when I look for the corresponding lines in Makefile I find: 26: !IF "$(OS)" == "Windows_NT"
27: NULL=
28: !ELSE
29: NULL=nul
30: !ENDIF
And after replacing this block manually by setting "NULL" to "nul" (it occurs another time in CMakeFiles/Makefile2) I get the following error message:
 c:\project>make
 make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target `/nologo'.  Stop.
 c:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\tools\make.exe: *** [all] Error 2
Is this behaviour known? What have I done wrong?
Thanks in advance, Frans

make != nmake.

If you want to use make then use "Unix Makefiles", if you are going to use nmake, use "NMake Makefiles".

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.