Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Is there any way to arrange for running ctest to mark a test as failed if it outputs a particular string? I'm using ctest to write unit tests for a library that has some debugging facilities where if something goes wrong, it dumps an error message, but doesn't cause the function to fail, so I can't detect it in the test program. (And, no, changing the library is NOT an option.)

Alternatively, there /is/ a hook to make the messages trip an abort()... is there a way to make 'make test'/'ctest' set an environment variable for all tests it runs? Or would I be stuck remembering to set it before calling 'make test'/'ctest'?

You can use a test property to do that:

http://www.cmake.org/HTML/cmake-2.6.html#command:set_tests_properties

http://www.cmake.org/HTML/cmake-2.6.html#section_Properties%20on%20Tests

-Bill