Darren Weber wrote:

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Bill Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Darren Weber wrote:

        FYI, In case it makes any difference, I'm working on Mac OS X
        Leopard Server.

        Darwin elegans.buckcenter.org <http://elegans.buckcenter.org>
        <http://elegans.buckcenter.org> 9.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version
        9.4.0: Mon Jun  9 19:30:53 PDT 2008;
        root:xnu-1228.5.20~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

    OK, you need to run the app as root.  If you used the installer
    package from Kitware it would automatically do that.   There is not
    a way to create links into /usr/bin without being root.

    -Bill

Does your installer set a sticky bit on the app to allow it to run as root? How does it enable root to run the app?

The mac packager automatically does this. It is just how the .dmg works, you can create it with cpack if you want.

-Bill