Christopher Harvey wrote:
Hello list,
I was wondering if a better way to handle failed find_library under windows would be to give the user a chance to manually find the package before giving an error. I know the user always has the chance to specify the path afterwards in the GUI, but I think that for users that are new to CMake it may be slightly intimidating to get error messages if find_library fails. I think it would be a good idea to add a new find_library option that would turn on user intervention when find package fails that would pop up a file picker dialog with a custom message like "select the root boost directory, eg. boost_1_26". I think this would be most helpful under windows when running in the gui dialog.

I would prefer to use the gui. That is exactly what it is for. The project should be able to customize warnings and give proper instruction to the user. I don't want the command line cmake to pop anything up on windows or any os.

-Bill