John Biddiscombe wrote:
Bill

That is just a test. You might want to try make -k, most of cmake does not require shared stuff. However, I don't think we have an option to turn off all shared stuff yet.
Good spot. OK. cmake has built itself now. I should have realized that the fail was on one of the tests. Bad though, because if libpthread can't be linked against by shared libs, I won't have any chance of creating plugins for paraview.

cmake is running now, so I can at least play.

You might want to move this over to the paraview developers list. I know paraview was cross compiled onto a cray Xt3 machine, and there are ways to build it without any shared stuff. See http://vtk.org/Wiki/Cross_compiling_ParaView3_and_VTK

-Bill