Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM, kent williams <nkwmailingli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Lather, Rinse, Repeat. After 2 or 3 go-arounds, CCMake is happy and
lets you generate your build files.

And if I recall correctly, earlier versions (2.3? 2.4?) did not act this way.

Yup, this behavior appears exactly when 2.6.0 was released.
Because this can be reproduce only by manual process, it may have gone
unnoticed in the cmake regression testing...

OK, so to address changing a compiler from ccmake, a very common complaint on the list. I put something in that would detect a change in compilers from the ccmake application. If one is detected, the cache is removed allowing for the new compiler to be used. Unfortunately, this conflicted with some overly paranoid stuff in the VTK/ITK CMakeLists.txt files that forces a compiler change. In hind site that was a bad idea, and there is already a way to disable it.

So, if you run cmake -DCMAKE_OVERRIDE_COMPILER_MISMATCH=TRUE, or add that variable to your cache, then the problem will go away...

-Bill