Marcel Loose wrote:
Hi all,

I was trying to figure out how to generate a preprocessed file. By
browsing the CMake modules and by printing all CMake variables I
discovered CMAKE_<LANG>_CREATE_PREPROCESSED_SOURCE variables. That
suggests that there is support for generating preprocessed files.
However, there's no mention of these variables in the documentation, or
the FAQ or the Wiki. How should I tell CMake to add rules to my Unix
Makefiles for generating preprocessed (.i) files?

Just run make foo.i in the directory of the target that contains foo.c. If you run make help in any directory it will list these types of targets.

-Bill