We have a problem on AIX with the IBM C++ compiler. In the standard cmake AIX Platform module in cmake-2.6/Modules/Platform, the following variables are set:

SET(CMAKE_PLATFORM_REQUIRED_RUNTIME_PATH /usr/lib /lib)
SET(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_RUNTIME_C_FLAG "-Wl,-blibpath:")

The strange thing is that we don't link any shared libraries, but linker is being invoked with those flags for our executables. Those flags are introducing an incomplete link on our system, so we need to get rid of them. I've tried removing them in the CMakeLists file for our project with

set( CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_RUNTIME_C_FLAG "" CACHE INTERNAL "" FORCE )

but to no avail, even with a clear cache. Is there some way to do this or a cleaner way to deal with the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

--