Robert Dailey wrote:
Just curious about how you guys came up with the name 'CMakeLists.txt'. While I've grown to accept it, I still can't say I really understand the meaning of the name. Something that would make sense to me is "CMakeScript.txt" or "CMakeFile". I am especially curious as to why you guys use an extension.

This isn't a big deal, just some questions I have to satisfy my curiosity.

This was my fault....

The CMakeLists was because the original CMake consisted of lists of files (no scripting). The .txt was because of the state of windows in 1999, it was nice to just double click on the file and have some editor pop up.

-Bill