Alin M Elena wrote:
I think the previous posts are missing the question....   I think what
is wanted is a way to run cmake-gui pick some options, and then generate
a -D command line equivalent to the options that were picked in
cmake-gui.  This is not possible, and would be difficult to implement.

Thanks Bill, exactly what I wanted to know.  Why is that difficult?

All options in the cache are stored together, some are set from the cmakelists.txt files and some are set by users. I suppose camke-gui could try and track all changes made by the user and collect them up. I am not sure that the set of options would be portable to a different machine.

-Bill