On Mar 19, 2010, at 9:21 AM, Oli Glaser wrote:

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CMake] QTCreator project to VS2008 problems

Thanks for the reply - I added mainwindow.h to the automoc but I get the same thing - I thought it might be the QMetaobject header or library it was looking for, looking at the the error messages, but I checked and the header is there, and the search paths are correct. I built the QTProject with a
mingw compiled version of QTCreator - this wouldn't matter would it?

No part of Qt or any other library can be built with a different
compiler for this to work. You must build all code with the same
compiler (even service packs can cause problems).

John

I may have worded that badly, so just to clarify - the QT I am using to create the VS2008 project (the one used with cmake) was compiled with VS2008, it's just the original code that was created in a mingw compiled QTCreator. I thought the point of cmake is to enable porting code from one platform to another - or have I misunderstood completely?

Oli

CMake will generate a "build system" for your project on lots of different platforms. Whether your code actually compiles on those systems is up to you.

Mike Jackson