I need to perform cross compile builds for three different types of VxWorks
compilers. I was able to build a simple program using the strategy provided on
the wiki. This, however, does not let me target the a specific linker and
scripts I need at link time.

Is development of a VxWorks.cmake profile the correct approach? If so, is there
a preferred template for doing this? I have been looking at the eCos “platform”
profile (Modules\Platform\eCos.cmake) and see some syntax I am not familiar
with (i.e.  < and > in set commands).

I don’t mind a little extra effort for this to be done right but ultimately
just need to get it working. TIA.