On 8/30/2011 4:11 AM, Andrea Galeazzi wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to know if the bug 0011258
<http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11258> will be fixed or the
community simply decided to give it up.
Any changes for 0012294 to be assigned?

I don't think we have given up, but we are certainly at a technical roadblock. No really has a solution that will work consistently.

To give a background, the auto-running of cmake when input files change, and the subsequent reloading of the project in the VS 10 IDE is not always working. In VS 8 and 9, we have a solution that works pretty well. It does something like this:

1. cmake is run when any of its input files are changed
2. if cmake finds a running VS IDE that has the same project loaded
   - It pops up a dialog that gives the user the chance to:
      - stop the current build and reload the project

This is done with a VS macro that is installed by cmake.

This fails to work well in VS 10.

-Bill