Hi,

For a static library target, I used TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES and LINK_DIRECTORIES
to link with a third party library. As we can see that in cmake, this linking
information is propagated and used only in an executable/shared library target
which depends on the former static library. But the issue is that only the
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES is propagated and not the LINK_DIRECTORIES. This fails
the linking of the executable/shared library target because it could not find
the third party library.

I found this problem when generating for visual studio 2005. The problem might
be there in other platforms also.

I feel that this behavior is an issue. Or am I missing something? Please let me
know.

Regards,
Arun