On 2011-12-30 11:22+0100 Eric Noulard wrote:

2011/12/30 David Cole <david.c...@kitware.com>:

There is no conservative course here. There is a choice of whether to make
CMake 2.8.7 behave the same as 2.8.6 or the same as 2.8.5.

For this to be a showstopper it would have had to be reported before we
tagged 2.8.6 -- since it is now already in 2.8.6, it should simply be
considered a bug that we will try to address as soon as possible and get it
merged into master in time for the following release.

It would also be nice if this were more than simply a back-and-forth
discussion between you and I. I would sure appreciate more input from other
LAPACK and BLAS clients.

May be no-so-simple Find modules
(FindLAPACK is 307 lines long and FindBLAS is 624 lines long)
deserve a dedicated dashboard.
The interested user could setup a submission to this dashboard for their
favorite software build such that testing would be more systematic.

May be it could be done with some ctest scripts that would submit
the update/configure/build/test of the interested project to
this "FindLAPACK" dashboard?

There is no doubt that the lapack/blas software ecosystem is one of
the most complicated out there with many different platforms so it is
easy to make a mistake in the associated find modules that slips
through because not all of those platforms are currently tested
systematically for a given CMake release cycle.

So I think Eric's idea of a dedicated dashboard to help organize
systematic platform testing for the lapack/blas find modules is an
excellent one.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science