Still no answer to these questions?

-----Original Message-----
From: cmake-boun...@cmake.org [mailto:cmake-boun...@cmake.org] On Behalf Of
Phil Smith
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 1:29 PM
To: Brad King
Cc: cmake@cmake.org; b...@public.kitware.com; Hoffman; Janet Graff
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMake still broken post-2.8.1

I'm back to this. I never got (or never understood!) an answer to this part of
the thread, which is where the breakage occurred:
----------
If I comment out line 29 in CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake, it works with my
old toolchain file, but fails later with the new one, because it appears to
call "the compiler" without the "flags", and regina with no arguments produces
Help and exits.

Why are the semicolons being inserted? If I wanted semicolons between the
parameters, why wouldn't I just specify them?

Brad, your comment in the thread says:
>Teach compiler identification to support values such as
>  export CC='gcc -g -O2'
>by separating the arguments on spaces.

Not sure what "on spaces" means, but again, it seems wrong to me that anything
is messing with my option format.

So -- why are semicolons being inserted?

...phsiii