Hi,

I'm looking at building a large project on Windows. I am currently able to build the whole project using CMake and Visual Studio.

Now I'd like to add a "subproject" (or just a directory), but in this particular subdirectory the C language files need to be compiled with mingw (because of extensive use of C99). I understand that, in theory, I should be able to compile these with mingw into DLLs and then link with the rest of the project.

I'd still like to control the whole build with CMake, but I see at least two potential problems. One is that I can't override CMAKE_C_COMPILER, and another is that in the subproject I may need CMake to use a Makefile generator rather than a Visual Studio project generator.

Does anyone know if there's a way to do this with CMake?

Thanks,

JD