Am Donnerstag, 6. September 2012 um 10:01:36 schrieb Michael Wild:
> On 09/06/2012 09:43 AM, Anton Sibilev wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I'm making shared library with add_library(xxx SHARED xxx.c) and as
> > result I got 'libxxx.so'.
> > I want to create lib with name like 'libxxx.so.1', can you please help,
> > how to make this?
> >
> > Point is not to create link or copy libxxx.so -> libxxx.so.1, but to
> > create it initially.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> You need to set the VERSION and SOVERSION target properties:
>
> http://cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.8/cmake.html#command:set_target_properties

Right. One example:

set(MYLIB_VERSION_MAJOR 0)
set(MYLIB_VERSION_MINOR 1)
set(MYLIB_VERSION_PATCH 1)
set(MYLIB_VERSION_STRING
${MYLIB_VERSION_MAJOR}.${MYLIB_VERSION_MINOR}.${MYLIB_VERSION_PATCH})

set_target_properties(MyLib PROPERTIES VERSION ${MYLIB_VERSION_STRING}
                                          SOVERSION ${MYLIB_VERSION_MAJOR})