On Nov 2, 2012, at 9:29 AM, Gary Little wrote:

> Is any time frame when CMake 2.8.10 will be added to MacPorts?
>
> And to put my time where my mouth is, m ay I be of assistance? Are there
> files I can acquire that would allow me to do add it?

This question is probably better asked on the MacPorts User or Dev mailing list.

Search MacPorts trac for a cmake 2.8.10 enhancement ticket.
If not found open an enhancement ticket requesting version update.
Follow ticket guidelines here like "cc maintainer":
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/TracTickets

To attach a patch to the ticket grab the current Portfile from your tree or
here:
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/devel/cmake/Portfile

Make your changes and attache a unified diff (diff -u) to the ticket. If you
are going to attach a patch add "haspatch" to the ticket keyword field.
Is all in the ticket guidelines.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)