On 12-12-17 03:11 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
On 2012-12-17 14:55, Ilia Choly wrote:
I'm trying to get the `FindPostgreSQL` module to find
`/usr/include/postgresql/libpq-fe.h`.

This is the error I get:

     CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97
(MESSAGE):
       Could NOT find PostgreSQL (missing: PostgreSQL_TYPE_INCLUDE_DIR)
(found
       version "9.2.2")

Is pg_config in your PATH? (Do you have the necessary -dev package(s) installed?)

From a cursory look at the find module, it looks like having pg_config in your path should be all that is needed.

The pg_config binary is in my path but looking at he module it doesn't look like it's being used.

After a bit more debugging I figured out that it's getting stuck here trying to find pg_type.h This file is located in /usr/include/postgresql/catalog/pg_types.h but the module is expecting to find it in /usr/postgresql/server/catalog/pg_types.h

    find_path(PostgreSQL_TYPE_INCLUDE_DIR
      NAMES catalog/pg_type.h
      PATHS
       # Look in other places.
       ${PostgreSQL_ROOT_DIRECTORIES}
      PATH_SUFFIXES
        pgsql/server
        postgresql/server
        include/server
      # Help the user find it if we cannot.
      DOC "The ${PostgreSQL_INCLUDE_DIR_MESSAGE}"
    )

It works if I add postgresql to the PATH_SUFFIXES

- icholy