In Fedora, we are currently adding -I/usr/lib{,64}/gfortran/modules to FFLAGS when building so that projects can find system gfortran modules. However, FFLAGS is being inserted into the compile command before the project's include directory specified by INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES. This causes problem say when building a newer version of a package with and older version installed locally.

I'm a little surprised about the ordering as it seems different than the well established automake ordering (http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Flag-Variables-Ordering.html) where the project's flags (which I would lump INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES into) come before the passed in flags.

So, is there a way to pass in a compiler option that will appear *after* the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES paths?

Thanks for any help, suggestions.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  or...@cora.nwra.com