Hi Alan,

You could look at: https://github.com/davidsansome/python-cmake-buildsystem

More particularly this commit:
  - Export targets from both the installed and build tree [1]
  - Add generation of <PROJECT_NAME>Config.cmake [2]

[1]
https://github.com/davidsansome/python-cmake-buildsystem/commit/73134d77881ae6648a8f98daaf8630130b7f54ea
[2]
https://github.com/davidsansome/python-cmake-buildsystem/commit/3f504d8be5b41086f615494517ddd2cf66f4d365

This was based on the explanation of Alexander Neundorf. See
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2013-February/053689.html

We should really update the following tutorial:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Tutorials/How_to_create_a_ProjectConfig.cmake_file

Remark about the "export(PACKAGE ...)" statement:

Based on my experience, it turns out that exporting the build tree in the
system package registry is a bad idea when building the same package
multiple time as it is done on a dashboard client or a developer
workstation trying out multiple configurations. Indeed, when "find_package"
is used in "CONFIG" (or "NO_MODULE") mode, by default CMake will search
into the CMAKE_SYSTEM_PACKAGE_REGISTRY and will resolve to an already
generated build tree instead of the one passed using <PROJECT_NAME>_DIR.

Hth
Jc

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Alan W. Irwin <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca>wrote:

> On 2013-03-28 12:25-0400 David Cole wrote:
>
>  CMake needs no new Find modules.
>>
>> All projects should provide a "project config file .cmake script"
>> readable by CMake's find_package, and installed in a location where CMake
>> can find it, so that a CMake find module is completely unnecessary.
>>

> Hi David:
>
> Your idea sounds like a good one, but can you recommend an easily
> understood
> project that follows this approach that would serve as a good template
> for build-system developers to use when implementing this approach for
> their own projects?
>
> Alan
> __________________________
> Alan W. Irwin
>
> Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and Astronomy,
>
> Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state
> implementation for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); the Time
> Ephemerides project (timeephem.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting
> software package (plplot.sf.net); the libLASi project
> (unifont.org/lasi); the Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net);
> and the Linux Brochure Project (lbproject.sf.net).
>
> Linux-powered Science
>
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/**