ARM DS-5 compiler (armcc compiler 5.04)
Platform: Windows and Linux

Armcc (as well as arasm, armlink etc) has option '-errors=file 'to log
compilation messages (warnings and errors) to a logfile instead of stdout.
There is no possibility from what I have found out to append to a log file, all
output overwrites the log.

Background:
We cannot change some 3rd party code and cannot suppress all compilation
warnings. The workaround is to parse the logs.
If printed to the console, the messages are mixed up with progress and license
messages.
Other compilers has the possibility to append to logs, but not armcc what I can
find.

A workaround would be to CMake to save stdout to a logfile. May be possible,
but I am not sure that is a good solution.
Another is to log to unique logname, include the compiled file in the logname.
I am not sure how that can be done in CMake.

Any hints how to do this?

/Gerhard