From: CMake [cmake-boun...@cmake.org] on behalf of Daniel Schepler
[dschep...@scalable-networks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:20 AM
To: cmake@cmake.org
Subject: [CMake] Issues with adding -flto in CMAKE_C[XX]_FLAGS_RELEASE

I just tried an experiment on our code base, adding -flto to the default values
of CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE, and setting CMAKE_AR to
/usr/bin/gcc-ar-5, CMAKE_RANLIB to /usr/bin/gcc-ranlib-5.  However, make
VERBOSE=1 shows that the intermediate static libraries are still being created
using /usr/bin/ar; and I can't find any other instances of /usr/bin/ar in
CMakeCache.txt.  That results in lots of BFD warnings showing up, and linker
errors at the end.

Is there something I'm missing that would make this able to work; or is this
configuration not supported (yet)?
--
Daniel Schepler