On 17-Feb-16 17:23, Nagy-Egri Máté Ferenc via CMake wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot help you in this regard, though I am surprised how little attention this question gained. I too feel that CMake could do better both in this regard. While ABI detection is very well done, BUILD_TYPE seems to be the only compiler agnostic option available.

I do not know how to set warning levels for eg. in a compiler agnostic manner

Just for your information: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2368811/how-to-set-warning-level-in-cmake/24379666#24379666

Ruslo