> Eric Noulard wrote
>
> > winkus4u@
>
> > &gt;:
> >
> >> Yes, when using 'bin' instead of '/usr/bin' ( with PROGRAMS and without
> >> RUNTIME) it works.
> >>
> >> But nevertheless it's a bit sad because I used the absolute paths with
> >> consideration for two reasons:
> >>
> >> 1. As I mentioned it's a Qt/KDE program (still version 3 at the moment).
> >> Depending on the target distro the application shall be stored at the
> >> usual
> >> place for that distribution (SuSE: /opt/kde3, Debian/Ubuntu: /usr/local,
> >> ...) But those compilers and their shell scripts have nothing to do with
> >> Qt/KDE stuff and should normally be installed at /usr/bin regardless
> >> where
> >> the other binaries go to.
> >>

> > I do not get your point? If you build an installer (using CPack) which
> has
> > relative path in it (./bin) or is relocatable (.rpm  or .deb) then you
> may
> > perfectly
> > chose the prefix **at install time** be it /opt/kde3 or /usr or /opt ....
>
> The point is that there are two different fractions of binaries that shall
> be installed at **two different locations for one package install** :
> -- the robot programming platform: the main part of the package, KDE/Qt
> Software (program sources in subdir 'src'),
>        these are **targets that shall be relocatable** for the needs of
> different distributions
>
>    -----versus-----
>
> -- the underlying compilers (binaries only) and skripts: nessesary tools,
> third party, console Software (in subdir 'tools'),
>        shall **always** go to **/usr/bin** because console software like
> compilers are usually installed there (in almost every
>        distribution)
>
> If absolute paths do not work for generating rpm-packages via CPack the
> only
> way to get this done is to put the compilers and scipts into another
> package. Do you agree or not?

Again sorry for my misunderstanding.
Yes you need 2 packages, but those 2 packages may be built in 1 cpack call
using COMPONENT package.

Nevertheless, note that using absolute path **WILL** work with CPackRPM
(see my previous refs about CPack RPM)
but they will certainly fails with archive generator familiy (ZIP, TGZ,
STGZ, etc...)

Not all CPack generators have the same capability w.r.t. absolute files.

--
Eric