(1)

You typically want to define the entry point in the source itself. You can
use the 'CMAKE_WINDOWS_EXPORT_ALL_SYMBOLS' in CMake but you usually do
something like this in the source:

#ifdef WIN32
#define PUBLIC_API __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define PUBLIC_API
#endif

PUBLIC_API void HelloFunc();

That way when you are building a shared lib on windows it will export those
symbols which in turn creates the .lib. Without the exported symbols, you
will not have an import lib.

(2)

The missing DLL is a pain that you are just going to have to deal with
unless you want to do a bunch of voodoo with the registry or copy the DLLs.
Typically, there are POST_BUILD steps that copy the needed DLLs into the
same directory as the exe. There are many stackoverflow questions dealing
with this, first one googled here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5765986/how-can-i-run-an-exe-with-dlls-in-separate-directory

-Caleb

J. Caleb Wherry