The docs say:

View mode only.

> Only load the cache. Do not actually run configure and generate steps.

But I wonder what you can do with cmake after that to view the cache?

The -L parameter seems to display the same set of variables with or without
this set, and scripts run in process script mode still seem to have no
access to cache values.

So, what's left?

To state my problem a little more generally I would like a way to discover
the project name set in a binary dir by it's associated CMakeLists.txt file.

Is this possible without writing my own code to parse either the
CMakeLists.txt or CMakeCache.txt?

Thanks,
Steven