> > I am working on an IBM Power8 RHEL7.2 system and we installed cmake 3.6
> > (default cmake from repo was 2.8.12?) but it seems when making a package
> > the arch is set incorrectly to x86_64 instead of ppc64le.
>
> I don't have access to a ppc with Linux but it seems that 'uname -m'
> (default that is used for setting CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE)
> outputs invalid value on ppc AIX.

AFAIU the machine is running RHEL not Aix.
That said uname -m should be right !!

Mark may be you can check what is the value displayed by:

uname -m (the one used by CPack RPM)
arch (which is an alternative)

The strange thing is that CMAKE_HOST_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR (outputed by cmake
--system-information) uses the same "uname -m"
see Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake.

So there is something odd to have one right and the other wrong...

Eric

> What's the output output of 'uname -m' on your system?
>
> As a workaround you could manually set CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE
> in your CMake list.
>
> Regards,
> Domen
> --