Thanks for the answer. However, I still can't get it to work:

I tried using set_target_properties(target PROPERTIES CXX_CLANG_TIDY "/usr/local/bin/clang-tidy -checks='llvm*'")
and the error I got was:

/usr/bin/cmake -E __run_iwyu --tidy="/usr/local/bin/clang-tidy -checks='llvm*'" --source=....
Error running '/usr/local/bin/clang-tidy -checks='llvm*''