Hello,

Let's say I build some external libs A and B with B depending on A.
B and A do not use cmake, so I build them and install them in a 3rdparty
directory. I now have access to includes and libs.
I then create some cmake file to describe those libs so I can use them in my
project :
Add_library(A_imported STATIC imported)
Set_property(TARGET A_imported APPEND PROPERTY INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
3rdparty/include/A)
Set_property(TARGET A_imported APPEND PROPERTY IMPORTED_LOCATION
3rdparty/libs/libA.a)
Add_library(A INTERFACE)
Target_link_library(A INTERFACE A_imported)

Same thing for B

Now let's say I create a top-level target T that depends on B. Compilation
might fail because B might include files from A and A is currently not a
dependency of T.

I can fix it in 2 ways :
1- add A as a dependency of T, but I will need to do it on all my Ts
2- somehow make B have transitive dependencies for include and link on A. That
would be my prefered choice... But I don't know how to do it.

Is it possible ? How ?

Tx for your help.

David